Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeXeonscapeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.

Go down 
+3
Crysis
Lunar
Zman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zman

Another dupe............ and tons of bugs. Empty
PostSubject: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Another dupe............ and tons of bugs. EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 11:55 pm

I have found yet another dupe. Well, I would exactly say I found it, Ive known about it ever since dodian because I duped full skele, a whip and like 5 glorys with it. However, I forgot about it up until this point.

I am not only posting the dupe fix yet a lists of things that MUST be done on the server. Server is still full of shit that needs to be fixed in order to make it run smoothly.
I will start with the list of things that must be completed. One being a dupe fix:

• God armours (sara, zammy, guthix) must be given higher stats than rune (g)
  • Dad needs to drop big bones 100%
  • Ice queen must drop 50 bloods 100%
  • Mods Must be able to enable and disable trade/duel. (This is part 1 of the only way to fix the dupe mentioned above)
  • Mods must be able to use ::update or be given another command that can reset the server. (This is Part 2 or the only way to fix the dupe mentioned above.)
  • Mods and admins need to have the ability to unban and unmute a player using a command in game.
  • Mods should not under any circumstance be able to Ip ban any player what so ever. This is the decision of an administrator.

More about the Dupe

One good thing about this dupe is that it can only be done while the server is being nulled, is very laggy, or in an unstable state where players often lose connection. When losing connection it often causes rollback allowing for players to easily dupe items by abusing rollbacks. I forgot about this dupe because its not guaranteed to work so I hardly used it. I duped a yellow partyhat on exorth using this method. (completely by mistake)

This cannot be fixed. All servers will have this bug. The only way to prevent it is increasing stability on the server (MySQL) and other techniques. An easy way to prevent this is by doing part 1 and part 2 of the fixes mentioned above. This way when the server becomes laggy mods can disable trade and duel to prevent and dupes from rollbacks. With them able the restart the server would completely aviod the issue.

GET THIS SHIT DONE NOW! NOT TOMORROW!

Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Another dupe............ and tons of bugs. EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 pm

THIS.
Back to top Go down
Crysis
Active MemberAnother dupe............ and tons of bugs. Blue_partyhat
Crysis

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Another dupe............ and tons of bugs. EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 11:59 pm

Ya basically any trades or duels done while the server is in a laggy state or nulling will most likely dupe items.. and we need an autorestarter above all things.
Back to top Go down
Hax
Hax

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Another dupe............ and tons of bugs. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Zman wrote:
I have found yet another dupe. Well, I would exactly say I found it, Ive known about it ever since dodian because I duped full skele, a whip and like 5 glorys with it. However, I forgot about it up until this point.

I am not only posting the dupe fix yet a lists of things that MUST be done on the server. Server is still full of shit that needs to be fixed in order to make it run smoothly.
I will start with the list of things that must be completed. One being a dupe fix:

• God armours (sara, zammy, guthix) must be given higher stats than rune (g)
  • Dad needs to drop big bones 100%
  • Ice queen must drop 50 bloods 100%
  • Mods Must be able to enable and disable trade/duel. (This is part 1 of the only way to fix the dupe mentioned above)
  • Mods must be able to use ::update or be given another command that can reset the server. (This is Part 2 or the only way to fix the dupe mentioned above.)
  • Mods and admins need to have the ability to unban and unmute a player using a command in game.
  • Mods should not under any circumstance be able to Ip ban any player what so ever. This is the decision of an administrator.

More about the Dupe

One good thing about this dupe is that it can only be done while the server is being nulled, is very laggy, or in an unstable state where players often lose connection. When losing connection it often causes rollback allowing for players to easily dupe items by abusing rollbacks. I forgot about this dupe because its not guaranteed to work so I hardly used it. I duped a yellow partyhat on exorth using this method. (completely by mistake)

This cannot be fixed. All servers will have this bug. The only way to prevent it is increasing stability on the server (MySQL) and other techniques. An easy way to prevent this is by doing part 1 and part 2 of the fixes mentioned above. This way when the server becomes laggy mods can disable trade and duel to prevent and dupes from rollbacks. With them able the restart the server would completely aviod the issue.

GET THIS SHIT DONE NOW! NOT TOMORROW!

God armor should have the same def than rune (g).

Ice queen does drop blood runes.

Mods should not be able to unban and unmute, only admins should , server should just have more admins, i recomannd Lunar and Riot to admin.

It would be bad if mods cudn't ip ban , syipkers would just crash guardian.
Back to top Go down
http://www.neti.ee
Soul rights

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Another dupe............ and tons of bugs. EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 9:57 pm

This should be fixed as soon as possible!
Back to top Go down
Zman

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Another dupe............ and tons of bugs. EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 5:08 pm

Soul rights wrote:

Your a fucking idiot. Don't ever talk to me again for this post.

The mod permissions I suggested are the same as dodian. If Thomas promotes another fucking admin I'll slit his throat and stuff it with saw dust. Your fucked if you honestly think we need 3 admins and 2 owners on a server with 9 player. GTFO.
Back to top Go down
Hax
Hax

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Another dupe............ and tons of bugs. EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Zman wrote:
Soul rights wrote:

The mod permissions I suggested are the same as dodian. If Thomas promotes another fucking admin I'll slit his throat and stuff it with saw dust. Your fucked if you honestly think we need 3 admins and 2 owners on a server with 9 player. GTFO.

Another dupe............ and tons of bugs. Swearing-kid

I know ur right , but calm down.
Back to top Go down
Iamgod
Iamgod

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Another dupe............ and tons of bugs. EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 11:42 pm

zman is right thomas shud start demoting
Back to top Go down
http://FamilyVastaneLiit.forum.co.ee
Hax
Hax

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Another dupe............ and tons of bugs. EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 12:36 am

iamgod wrote:
zman is right thomas shud start demoting

Or advertising.
Back to top Go down
Zman

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Another dupe............ and tons of bugs. EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:01 am

muffin wrote:
Zman wrote:
Soul rights wrote:

Sorry man, I tend to flame the shit out of people when I want to prove a point. Got nothing against you, its just the way I am. lol Hope you didn't take it too personally. Razz
Back to top Go down
Hax
Hax

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Another dupe............ and tons of bugs. EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:54 am

Zman wrote:
muffin wrote:
Zman wrote:
Soul rights wrote:

Sorry man, I tend to flame the shit out of people when I want to prove a point. Got nothing against you, its just the way I am. lol Hope you didn't take it too personally. Razz

I'm not Soul Right , so i didnt take it personally Razz.
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Another dupe............ and tons of bugs. EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 12:12 pm

I think this is a very good idea, there are still a lot of other bugs, but these are very important I think.
Back to top Go down
Iamgod
Iamgod

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Another dupe............ and tons of bugs. EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 1:05 pm

Michael wrote:
I think this is a very good idea, there are still a lot of other bugs, but these are very important I think.

U iz thinking right
Back to top Go down
http://FamilyVastaneLiit.forum.co.ee
Hax
Hax

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Another dupe............ and tons of bugs. EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 4:18 pm

iamgod wrote:
Michael wrote:

U iz thinking right

U iz thinking left.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Another dupe............ and tons of bugs. Empty

Back to top Go down

Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.
Page 1 of 1