Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeXeonscapeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mod powers and training

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Clit jr
Old school
Mod powers and training Oldschoolv

Mod powers and training Empty
PostSubject: Mod powers and training   Mod powers and training EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:41 am

This is an extremely important issue that needs to be addressed and corrected as soon as possible.

To start, moderators at this moment in time on the server are completely useless. They do not have the authority or privileges in-game to do their job, which is to serve and protect the community as well as maintaining the best interest of the server. Mod powers currently stand as follows:

1. npcreset
2. tban
3. kick
4. xteleto
5. Mute

Any experienced moderator would know and understand that they cant accomplish anything with these 5 commands. With these in game powers, a moderator can defend against an auto clicker, someone spamming the yell, and an npc that walks off screen. That's about it. A moderator needs to be able to deal with all kinds of issues such as syi attacks, dupers, scammers, or anything else that may arise. How do you expect a mod to do anything other than wait for an admin to get online with such limitations.

Moderators should have the following powers in game:

1. tban
2. pban
3. kick
4. xteleto
5. mute
6. ipmute
7. ipban
8. Disable/Enable Trade
9. Disable/Enable Duel (When dueling is released)
10. unban
11. unmute

Why do mods need these powers?

pban - If a permanent ban is ever in order, a mod cannot wait for an admin to do so. This command does not need further explanation.

ipmute - If a player decides advertise another server or website by spamming the server with the use of an auto typer, it is a mods responsibility to mute that player. (No warning necessary) If that player then begins to create multiple accounts to continue spamming an ip mute is in order to prevent further spamming.

ipban - Once again, if an ipban is in order, a mod cannot wait for an admin to come online!!! If someone dupes, and a mod is online and cannot ipban, that mod is pretty much watching the economy to go the shitter.

Disable/enable Trade - If there is a dupe or hack, or any other situation where items could get distributed to other accounts a mod needs to disable trades until the issue has been corrected.

Unban/unmute - The server does not have MySQL therefore a mod cannot sent a ban durration. Which means when a player is banned or muted they stay muted until their name or ip is removed from the mute/ban folder. Which can only be done by whoever has access to the vps which in this case is only the owners who are either never around or always afk. Mods need to be able to unmute and unban.

Training mods

I don't mean to be rude, and I in no way mean to be offensive to the current mods, but they don't know what they're doing. Mainly by fault or the administration for choosing staff based off activity and expecting them to know what they are doing.

I want a MOD 101 forum to be create only visible to moderators. In this folder will be a list of scenarios and ways of dealing with situations, as well as a list of their rights, and when they have the right to use their powers. I would be willing to make this tutorial, or leaking it from Sythril's MOD 101 section. It is the responsibility of the mod to know and understand this material.

Why am I posting this suggestion?

Today it killed me to see that a player was hacked by her brother who had the ability to deleting, selling, or dropping all of her items, or even telling other players the account pass word. The only defense mods had against this was ::yell "Nobody trade that account" I thought that was absolutely pathetic and needs to be corrected if you think this server will have any potential of staying alive.

You know what needs to be done, its up to know to take charge and implement these changes.

Back to top Go down
zamorak
Owner
zamorak

Mod powers and training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod powers and training   Mod powers and training EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Dear clit,

Nice post i will watch trough the files why the mods can't ipban, about the unmute and unban( its not realy working yet)
When i get home and feel much better i will be online and watching the files.

Greetings Zamorak
Back to top Go down

Mod powers and training
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Server :: Suggestions-
Jump to: